What to do on weekend. Magaliesburg Canopy Tour


Canopy Tour in Magaliesburg Gauteng.

Have you ever tried Canopy Tour?

Never heard of?

Me too.

Recently I went to the Travel Fair in North Gate and received a booklet with information.

There are 6 Canopy Tours in South Africa; the biggest is Tsitsikamma near Knysna in Cape area. In Gauteng you can go to the real Canopy Tour near Magaliesburg or Ama Zwing Zwing Tour, which is the same type of adventure.

I wanted to try something new and not hiking, although it was a lot of hiking as well. Basically, Canopy Tour is when you slide on a line over Ysterhoot Cloof to the different side of ravine and you do it 10 times, because there are 11 decks.

To go there you can start from William Nicol Drive (R511) and stay on it until you cross N4 and reach R104/R27, then turn left, go to Sparkling Waters Hotel and Spa. The office for Canopy Tours situated in the Hotel.

I booked my place in a group for a specific time and (or, Gosh!) I was late. My group left without me and I went with another group, where it was a space.

I do not regret it. It was such fun!

Eight people (boys and girls in their 20’s-30’s) came together from different places in Gauteng for a Canopy Tour, because they used to travel around South Africa on bicycles.

Short instructions (and a lot of jokes); we put on our gear, climbed on a 4x4 and left to the ravines.

Couple of people already had experience how it is to slide on a zip line, the rest of us- newbies.

-Short discussion who is going to be the first, jokes, smiles, and it was proposed “ladies go first”.

I realized, that I have to go over a ravine and the height should be like 50-60 meters.

I will be hanging on the height of 60 meters!

Too late!

We are already there.

I am not going to be scared.

After all this exercise is for people from 7 to 70 years old.

I was the third and it was a lot of fun.

Our 3 guides were so good, patient, courteous, supportive and one of them was filming those, who wanted to have memory of Canopy Tour.

At the end we were pro’s!

When we came back we received a CD with the film.

Now we can proudly call ourselves “survivors” of Canopy Tour.

Lunch.

Sorry, it was all over.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The leaves feel like rain.

Ghosts of Johannesburg, part II . Hazel Crane

Would you like to try different type of holidays? Try Horse safari!